Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Lesson in Cleaning from a One Year Old

Anyone who knows me, knows that I tend to be a little on the messy side at times. Infact the word "Messy" has preceded my first name for the majority of my life. However, "B" was trying to help me with that last night.

We had just gotten home and I was trying to make supper. "B" spotted a pair of my flip flops on the dining room floor and persistantly began repeating, "Shoe, Shoe, Shoe." "Yes, "B" those are Mommy's shoes." I replied. Then he continued, "Shoe, Shoe, Shoe" as he picked them up and began dancing around the kitchen. So I replied, "Go put them in Mommy's room." He quickly brought me one of the shoes and I said "ok, lets put them away together."

In a hurry to get back to my supper, I walked down the hall threw my flip flop in the door of my room and asked "B"to do the same. He replied, "NO!" Then, he walked into my room, pushed with all his might to open the closet door and put my flip flop "where it belongs" on my shoe rack. Then turned to me with a very proud grin!

I guess maybe I need to take a lesson in cleaning from him!

No comments: