Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Please Pray

I found out yesterday about a man in a neighboring town that past away. Though I did not know this man very well, he will always have a special place in my heart. You see a few days before "B" had his heart surgery this man took the time to share the story of his own daughter who was born with a congential heart defect with us. His daughter only lived for a few months because at that time the medical technology was not enough to save her. The amazing part is instead of asking himself "why me?" or "if only she had been born now-a-days" this man chose to live with the hope that his daughter's short life was able to teach the doctors enough to be able to save another child's life, maybe even lots of childrens lives. I don't know what the doctors learned from that little girl, but I know what I learned from that man. I learned to look at the positive in even a terrible situation and that God can bring something good out of even the most hopeless story. So to finish this story, I would ask you to pray for the family of this man as they now have to plan a funeral the same week that one of his son's is getting married.

No comments: