Thursday, January 8, 2009

Three Boys, Two Dogs and a pile of ...!

So this week at my in-laws has turned out to be a RELAXING event free week so I want to tell you something that happened over Christmas break that I have been meaning to share with all of you.

During break, I told my cousin that I would take care of his puppy while he was on a snowmobile trip. Well one of the days that I had the puppy I also told my sister in-law that I would watch my two nephews for her. So there I was with three boys and two dogs. What better thing to do in 10 degree weather than dress up a one year old, a 2.5 year old, and a 5 year old and take them outside to play in the snow with the dogs. Well as I gathered up the kid's snow gear I remembered that my sister in-law did not bring snowpants for the boys. I have a pair that are too big for B so I decided I would put those on Mr. O the 2.5 year old. and "J" the 5 year could surely be somehow rigged up into a pair of my pants.
After 15 minutes of gathering all the gear, as the puppy was yelping to be let out, and B and O were running around the house screaming for joy, I began getting J dressed up in my insulated sweats...cinching them around the waiste with the drawstring and tucking the bottom of the pant legs into his boots. 10 minutes later I had him dressed and ready to send out the door just in time to see B pick something up off the floor, it appeared to be a small rock sized object and we all know how much B loves to put rocks in his mouth so I hurried over to grab the "rock" away from him...As soon as my hand grabbed the "rock" I knew what had happened and it was not a rock at all.

Oh did I forget to mention that we are smack dab it the middle of potty training Mr. O...thats right fokes, my B picked up a piece of Mr. O's doo-doo that had somehow wondered out of his underwear and then I grabbed it away from him. YUK! YUK! YUK!

Well 40 minutes after I started gathering the snow gear we were all in dry clean clothes having a blast in the snow for about 15 minutes before everyone got cold and we had to go back in! Yeah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh isn't motherhood great?

It's so much work to get kiddos outside, isn't it?

And the doo doo. Well...it happens ;)